Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Safety and Fire Engineering)
What is BTech Safety and Fire Engineering?
BTech Safety and Fire Engineering is a 4-year duration bachelor's degree program which is concerned with the industry based engineering course. This program provides students with the prowess to create an atmosphere of safety against fire.
The students who are applying for BTech in Safety and Fire Engineering must have passed Class 12 with 50% aggregate marks from any recognized university or college.
Almost all the top engineering institutes in the country admit students on the basis of entrance examinations like JEE Main and JEE Advanced. There is also a round of counseling held after qualifying the entrance examinations.
There are a large number of government and private colleges/ universities that offer this course. The average course fees for the program ranges between INR 1,00,000 and 8,00,000.
BTech Safety and Fire Engineering degree holders will be able to get hired in public and private organizations in positions like Safety Officer, Assistant Fire Officer, Safety Warden, Fire Alarm Technician, HSE Assistant, Fire Surveyor, Safety Supervisor, HSE Officer, Risk Management Consultant, Safety Auditor, Fire Officer, Safety Checker etc.
They usually get employment in areas like government constructing firms, fire safety training institutes, Forest Departments, defence forces, railways, airport authority of India, mines, petrochemical complexes, fire brigades etc.
The average placement package that can be expected by fresh graduates of BTech Safety and Fire Engineering usually ranges between INR 3,00,000 and 15,00,000.
What is the BTech Safety and Fire Engineering Admission Process?
The most popular engineering entrance exams in the country are JEE Main and JEE Advanced, which are mandatory for admission into primarily public universities. Private institutes also conduct their own examinations or rely on the national/ state level entrance exams.
The guide to apply for entrance exam based admission is as follows.
- Step1- Registration: In this step, students need to create an account by entering basic details like email-id, phone number etc.
- Step2- Application Form: Fill the application form with all necessary details. Care must be taken to ensure all details are accurate and correct.
- Step3- Uploading of documents: Scan and upload all requisite documents like mark sheets, photograph and signature. Documents need to be uploaded in a specific format only, as specified by the institute’s application portal.
- Step4- Payment of Application Fees: Candidates have to pay the application fees either online or offline.
- Step5 - Downloading of admit card: Admit cards are released once all applicants are judged for eligibility. The admit card must be downloaded and printed out to be used on the day of the examination.
- Step6 - Entrance Exam: Prepare for the exam as per the syllabus and past papers. Appear for the examination on the date announced.
- Step7 - Results: Results are announced after a couple of weeks of the exam day. If a candidate is successful in qualifying the entrance examinations, they can move on to the next round.
- Step8 - Counseling and admission: Counselling is held for students who have cleared the entrance examinations. The student can now take admission in the BTech Safety and Fire Engineering course.
What is the BTech Safety and Fire Engineering Engineering Eligibility Criteria?
The eligibility criteria for BTech Safety and Fire Engineering aspirants is not complicated and is as follows. It must be noted that the eligibility criteria will differ from institute to institute.
- The candidate must have passed the 10+2 examination under science stream with subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized board.
- The candidates must have secured a minimum 50% aggregate at the 10+2 level.
Which are the popular BTech Safety and Fire Engineering Entrance Exams?
There are a large number of national and state-level entrance exams to appear for admission into the BTech Safety and Fire Engineering course.
Some of the popular BTech Safety and Fire Engineering entrance exams are as follows:
- JEE Main: JEE Main examination is conducted by NTA at the national level. It is usually conducted in the month of January and April of each year for admission into undergraduate engineering programs. It is an online examination which is of 3 hour duration and the paper is of 360 marks.
- JEE Advanced: JEE Advanced, previously known as IIT JEE, is the second phase of the JEE Main. It is also an online examination that covers Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- WBJEE: WBJEEB conducts the exam to grant admission to students in undergraduate Engineering, Technology, Architecture and Pharmacy courses offered by the colleges in West Bengal.
- VITEEE: VITEEE is a common entrance exam for VIT Vellore, VIT Chennai, VIT-AP, and VIT- Bhopal. The exam tests students on subjects like Mathematics/Biology, Physics, Chemistry, English and Aptitude.
What is the BTech Safety and Fire Engineering Syllabus?
The subjects taught for BTech Safety and Fire Engineering are almost similar in most of the engineering colleges. The syllabus for the entire BTech Safety and Fire Engineering course is as follows.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Physics I||Physics II|
|Design Thinking||Mathematics II|
|English Communication||Environment Studies|
|Engineering Graphics||Engineering Mechanics|
|Basic Electrical and Electronics||Workshop Technology|
|Computer Programming||Open Elective I|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Mathematics III||Applied Numerical Methods|
|Chemical Engineering I(Thermodynamics & Measuring Analytical Instruments)||Chemical Engineering II (Unit Operations)|
|Fluid Mechanics & Fluid Flow Machines||Strength of Materials|
|Elements of Machine Drawing||Fire Engineering I (Basic Concepts)|
|Principles of Safety||Electrical Technology & Safety in Electrical Systems|
|Management||Open Elective II|
|First Aid and Emergency Procedures||Communication Workshop 2.0|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Chemical Engineering III (Process Technology)||Legal Aspects of Safety, Health & Environment|
|Principles of Engineering Design||Chemical Process Safety|
|Fire Engineering II (Equipment)||Process Instrumentation and Control Engineering|
|Occupational Health & Hygiene Management||Fire Engineering III(Materials & Fire Control)|
|Safety in Construction||Environmental Engineering & Management|
|Open Elective III||Communication Workshop 3.0|
|Program Elective I||Program Elective II|
|Semester 7||Semester 8|
|Hazard Identification & HAZOP||Human Factors Engineering|
|Safety in Rail and Road Transport||Advanced Safety Engineering & Management|
|Safety in Engineering Industry||Insurance Claim Settlement|
|Fire Engineering IV (Risk Assessment & Planning)||Program Elective V|
|Program Elective IV||-|
What are the Future Scopes of BTech Safety and Fire Engineering?
BTech Safety and Fire Engineering degree holders can prefer to do jobs on completion of this program or can go for higher studies. The most popular choices of education on completion of a BTech Genetic Engineering degree are as follows.
- MTech: If one wishes to pursue studies in the same field of education, the first program of choice is a MTech Safety and Fire Engineering. It is a two-year course and the eligibility criteria include having a BE or BTech in Safety and Fire Engineering. This is one of the most popular masters engineering programs and admissions are highly competitive.
Check out the Top MTech Genetic Engineering Colleges in India.
- MBA: A large number of engineering graduates choose to go for the management route by choosing to pursue a PGDM or MBA course. Admissions are offered through a national level entrance test. Having a BTech degree together with an MBA in a specialization of choice is highly advantageous and many organizations actively search for such candidates.
- Competitive examinations: Another route that graduates can opt to go for is to prepare for competitive examinations. Examinations that are meant for job opportunities in Government sector organizations are most popular. Jobs are secure with assured high pay and regular increments.
Other Courses you may be interested in
Get guidance on best Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Safety and Fire Engineering) Courses and Colleges
Please leave your information to get the best suggested colleges and free counseling.
Bailjudhi Near KMC Ceramics, Kashipur U.S.Nagar - 244713
Contact Number+91 7037 8666 61