Bachelor of Arts (BA) Public Policy and Administration
ABOUT Bachelor of Arts [B.A.] in Public Policy and Administration
Bachelor of Arts [B.A.] in Public Policy and Administration is an undergraduate degree program that provides training in the public policy field as well as public management.
BA Public Policy and Administration provides knowledge of democratic values, such as equality, security, justice, and order, economics, public finance, research methods, public policy, leadership, and strategy.
The duration of BA Public Policy and Administration is three years, subdivided into six semesters. The program is an advanced study where students are taught about implementing and analyzing various policies put down by the government for public wellbeing.
The core curriculum of a typical B.A. Public Policy and Administration programs usually include courses on public finance, economics, research statistics, policy analysis, ethics, and public management.
A B.A. Public Policy and Administration degree provides the foundation for those interested in pursuing careers in governmental agencies, non-governmental organizations, management in hospitals or public health institutions, consulting in private firms, school boards, and human resources.
The minimum eligibility criteria to pursue B.A. Public Policy and Administration courses are qualifying 10+2 with an aggregate of 50% to 55% from a recognized educational Board.
The average tuition fee for BA Public Policy and Administration in India varies between INR 20,000 to 1,00,000 per year. The fee varies as per the type of institution.
BA Public Policy and Administration: Course Highlights
|Basic Eligibility Criteria||10+2, with a minimum aggregate score of 50%.|
|Admission Procedure||Counseling based on 10+2 scores and an Entrance Exam|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Entrance Exam||DU (Delhi University) BA Entrance Test, JMI BA Entrance Test, UPES BA Entrance Exam, BHU BA Entrance Exam, etc.|
|Total Course Fee||INR 1,00,000 – 5,00,000 L|
|Top Recruiting Areas/Fields||Indian Civil Services, Economic Development Centres, Fire and Emergency Services, Public Works, Land Revenue Departments, Corporate Management Offices, Police Departments, Municipal Bodies, Educational Institutes, Panchayati Raj, Tribal Administration Centres, and such.|
|Job Profiles||Administrative Officer, Corporate Manager, Management Analyst, Customs Inspector, Social Worker, Personnel Management Specialist, Teacher, among others.|
|Average Initial Salary||INR 2,00,000 – 8,00,000 L|
BA Public Policy and Administration: Admission Process
Admission to B.A. Public Policy and Administration is two-fold. It is offered either on the basis of merit score or the score obtained by a candidate in any relevant entrance exam. The necessary steps in the admission process are given below.
- Step 1: For merit-based selection, candidates must submit their application to their desired college or university.
- Step 2: Students must perform well in Higher Secondary examination as the score is vital to the admission process.
- Step 3: Once they qualify the cutoff score and become eligible, students must visit the particular college and submit the documents necessary.
- Step 4: For entrance-based selection as well, candidates must submit their application to their desired college or university.
- Step 5: Then they must register for the entrance exam to be conducted by their chosen university.
- Step 6: Once candidates score the cutoff marks; they’re shortlisted by the college for admission. Provisional letters will be given to shortlisted candidates.
- Step 7: After getting allotted seats, candidates are required to enroll and pay the course fee.
BA Public Policy and Administration: Eligibility Criteria
The entry-level eligibility criteria for admission to B.A. Public Policy and Administration Course is as follows:
- Candidates must qualify 10+2 from a recognized board.
- Qualification is accepted in any stream.
- A minimum aggregate of 50% to 55% should be scored by candidates.
- Some institutes may also impose an age limit on candidates seeking admission to this course.
BA Public Policy and Administration: Entrance Exams
In order to seek admission to any concerned college, students are required to qualify for an entrance exam. Some of the top entrance exams for B.A. in Public Policy and Administration course are given below.
- BHU UET: BHU UET is a national level entrance exam conducted by Banaras Hindu University. It is conducted for shortlisting candidates looking for admission into BSc, BA, BCom, BFA, and other UG degree programs.
- ITM-NEST: ITM-NEST is a state-level entrance exam conducted by ITM University Gwalior. It is conducted for shortlisting students looking for admission into various undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs.
- TANCET: Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test or TANCET is a common entrance exam conducted by Anna University, Chennai. TANCET scores are accepted by over 200 colleges in Tamil Nadu. TANCET 2021 has been announced on January 6, 2021.
- DUET: DUET stands for Delhi University Entrance Test. It is conducted by Delhi University in order to offer admission to aspirants in various UG, PG, MPhil, and Ph.D. programs.
|Exam Name||Conducting Body||Exam Date||Exam Mode|
|BHU UET||Banaras Hindu University||To be notified||Online|
|ITM NEST||ITM University Gwalior||To be notified||Online|
|TANCET||Anna University||20 - 21 March 2021||Offline|
|DUET||National Testing Agency||To be notified||Online|
BA Public Policy and Administration: Future Scope
In the last few years, the B.A. in Public Policy and Administration course has become quite famous among students. Studies in Public Administration can prepare candidates with the expertise and skills needed to begin a successful career in any of the private, public, and non-profit sectors. Such graduates interested in pursuing higher studies in the discipline may go for advanced courses such as M.A., MBA, Ph. D., M. Phil., etc. in the subject.
Successful graduates can pursue careers in governmental agencies, NGOs, consulting in private firms, management in hospitals or public health institutions, human resources, and school boards. Employment opportunities are also available in private cities, private villages, private towns, private real estate agencies, international non-governmental contact groups, international NGOs, private courier and delivery companies, micronations, private contracting agencies, etc.
Candidates can pursue courses similar to B.A. Public Policy and Administration and some of them are mentioned below:
- M.A. in Public Administration
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Ph.D. in Public Administration
- B.A. in Public Administration
- B.A. in Political Science
- General Public Policy Analysis
- Health Policy Analysis
- International Policy Analysis
- Other Public Policy Analysis
- Education Policy Analysis
Other Courses you may be interested in
Get guidance on best Bachelor of Arts (BA) Public Policy and Administration Courses and Colleges
Please leave your information to get the best suggested colleges and free counseling.
Bailjudhi Near KMC Ceramics, Kashipur U.S.Nagar - 244713
Contact Number+91 7037 8666 61